1. Make & Keep Commitments Adopt & consistently practice the principle of accountability. Also, continually develop your skills so you can keep your commitments.
2. Ask People for Their Opinion People appreciate being asked their opinion and your willingness to ask shows respect and that creates positive perceptions towards you.
3. Say Thank You Consistently show gratitude. People remember those who take time to show gratitude not only in words but in reciprocal actions of assistance & support.
4. Introduce People to Each Other Connecting one relationship to another is a great action that shows you care and willingness to support. This not only show support with words and actions, but builds your reputation, influence, and earns support towards you!
5. Recognize People for their Efforts to your Social Network – Publicly recognize a relationship for their contributions and support to you and your community. People appreciate recognition and many are not receiving nearly enough at work or from their social networks. People do not want to “toot their own horn”. So do it on their behalf!
6. Share Your Knowledge Freely Sharing shows caring and people want to know that you care. Everyone wins with the sharing of your knowledge, ideas, introductions, and positive perceptions!
7. Share Other People’s Knowledge In the words of Bob Burg; “It Is Not About You” (Great Book!), Go out of your way to share your relationships knowledge and ideas. Word of Mouth is so so powerful a force for win-win interactions!
8. Teach Others with Empathy & Humility The journey of life is not easy and taking the time to teach or mentor a new friend, life-long pal, or partner can make a difference. It not only generates results, but it also reflects well on you as a key person of influence.
9. Share Your loss or grief. Being open and showing your humanity is never a bad things and builds strong bonds of friendship & trust
10. Tell the World You Made a Mistake and What You Learned Publicly own up to your mistake and equally important what you learned. If you are not making any mistakes you are not being honest with yourself or your relationships. If you cut down the apple tree, own up to it and seek support, forgiveness, and move forward.